POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : uv_mapping again - how to? : uv_mapping again - how to? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  uv_mapping again - how to?
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 17 Apr 2001 15:43:18
Message: <3adc9cd6@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I give it up. I don't understand how to map an image on a union of
bezier_patches created in Hamapatch.

I exported a simple plane out of 32 patches an tried to map a png on it. The
union lies in the x/z-plane. As the image_map is in the x/y-plane, I rotated
it x*90.

The code I added to the union:

uv_mapping
 texture{pigment{rgb 1}}
 texture{ pigment {
    image_map{
      png "Flagge.png" // the file to read (iff/gif/tga/png/sys)
             map_type 0 // 0=planar, 1=spherical, 2=cylindrical, 5=torus
             interpolate 2 // 0=none, 1=linear, 2=bilinear, 4=normalized
distance
             once
           } // image_map
          rotate x*90          }
        }

What is wrong? I only get stripes of my image, streched in the z-axis.
In addition, if I rotate the object, the texture does not rotate with it.

What is wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Marc-Hendrik